Movable cultural property Material cultural property
Web izvori - opis
Ship "Vila Velebita II." (ex “Kali”), built in 1956 in Zadar, was donated to the Maritime School in Bakar, then the Maritime School Center, in 1973. As a passenger ship she had the capacity to transport 250 passengers. The ship is about 29 m long, 6.30 m high and 2.60 m wide and has about 100 GRT. The first master was Miroslav Čorić, followed by Srećko Suserić, Savo Sancin, Jurko Karninčić, Luciano Keber and Tomislav Nam. The training ship inherited the name of the former historic ship Vila Velebita from the Austrian Monarchy and the Kingdom of Yugoslavia. Vila Velebita II, in addition to participating in various events, is used for training as a part of the school classes, for navigation exercises, marine engineering exercises, and other content proscribed by the school curriculum. Until the construction of the national training ship of the Republic of Croatia, the Queen of the Sea, she was the basic training ship of the Maritime School Bakar.