Immovable cultural property Material cultural property
"Ika Fish Canning Factory" started operating in 1905 as an ice factory and later developed into a factory for salting and canning sea fish. The factory was located on both sides of the Banina stream in Ika. On the right side of the stream there was the factory building with a yard and a factory chimney made of brick without plaster (formerly the ice factory) and on the left side of the stream there was the administrative building, office building and warehouses with the appertaining land. The buildings are modestly designed in accordance with the original industrial purpose; the window frames on the buildings are wooden. Administrative buildings are ground floor and production buildings are two-storey structures built of brick. The façades of the buildings are minimally decorated with stucco ornaments and accentuated edges of the building and door and window frames characteristic of the construction period. The roof structure is wooden and the roof is covered in tile.