Immovable cultural heritage Material cultural property
Web izvori - opis
The Marina ferry was launched at the Frederikshaven shipyard in Sweden on 7 February 1936. The ship was built to maintain the line line between Gothenburg and Frederikshavn in Denmark. Her first name was Kronprinsessan Ingrid after the daughter of the Swedish King Gustaf VI. Adolf. The ship was 64 meters long and 10.85 meters wide. She could carry up to 700 passengers and 30 cars. At the beginning of World War II, the ferry remained permanently in Sweden as a neutral state. In 1950, the ferry was extended by eight meters at the Burmeister & Wain A/S shipyard in Copenhagen, and became about 72 meters long (previous length 63.97 m). In 1955, her name was changed to Christofer Polhem after the Swedish physicist. As early as 1963, she was renamed Marina. After a collision with the German ship Lucy Essberger in 1969 near Waxholm, she was towed to the Finnbod Vavr shipyard in Stockholm, where he was decommissioned. Then Lošinjska plovidba got involved in the history of the ship and bought her, and after 20 days of sailing from Sweden, the Marina arrived to Mali Lošinj. From the 1970s, the Marina took over the line Pula - Mali Lošinj - Zadar, and also subsequently calling at the island of Silba. She also maintained the line Rijeka - Mali Lošinj. The Marina occasionally maintained the line between Kvarner and Venice, and was in regular navigation on the Adriatic until 2005. At the end of 2013, she was completely renovated and converted into a botel permanently moored in the port of Rijeka.